Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Taipei 101







This week I always busy because I needed prepare my presentation and it needed take a long time. My topic was about Taipei 101. Why I wanted introduce Taipei 101? Because I wanted everybody and knew what is Taipei 101. Why? Because It is my country and it is the second the tallest building in the world but not too many people know it is so I wanted write some about Taipei 101 for everyone.

Why we call “Taipei 101”?
The name of the building reflects its location in Taipei's 101 business district along with its floor count so Taiwanese economies are beside Taipei 101 or inside. For example, we have international world trade center, shopping mall, hotel and Taipei government and it is beside Taipei 101 building. And we have many bank and international companies inside at Taipei 101. The number is pronounced in English simply as One Oh One so we don’t say 1 hundred 1 stair. Also, the original name planned for the building, Taipei World Financial Center.

Some information
o Location: Taipei, Taiwan
o Status: Complete
o Constructed: 1999-2004
o The building, designed by C.Y. Lee & Partners and constructed by KTRT Joint Venture, is the world's tallest completed skyscraper.
o Taipei 101 received the Emporis Skyscraper Award in 2004.

However, the Taipei 101 have shopping mall, restaurant, Observatories and office so we can do many things in there. I hope everyone can go to there.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Your blog looks wonderful You did a really greast job. I hope you enjoy your semester here and I am sure that you had a lot of fun doing other activities in and around Calgary. Good luck with your future. Take Care!

Tewz said...

WoW! I gonna go to taipei in january 6 and stay there 8 hrs because mt flight is so crazy, but it's ok. I think in taipei is so beautiful I would like to go there for vacation. But right now I don't have more time becuase I gonna study 5 years in Thailand.
When I finish maybe I go there
OK C U And Have a good day